L.E.P.D. Range & Training Facility
At L.E.P.D Firearms & Range in Columbus, Ohio, we offer 12 state-of-the-art firing lanes for your shooting experience, as well as the ability to purchase firearms in our gun store. All lanes are 75′ long and can handle most modern pistols, rifles and other guns. For our advanced classes and law enforcement customers, we have the ability to offer a unique shooting experience on 6 of our shooting range’s lanes. These lanes allow the shooter to walk downrange and utilize a number of barriers as well as a unique target system that allows a target to turn after so many hits are registered on the target. This system provides for advanced tactical training and practical application of your shooting skills!
PLEASE NOTE: We are now allowing 223/556 FMJ ammunition on the shooting range! Outside of 22lr and almost any pistol caliber carbines, the following calibers will require non-jacketed frangible ammunition. (7.62×39 & 308win) Do not hesitate to call with any questions prior to visiting our facility in Columbus, Ohio.
- For non-members the cost will be $13/half hour or $20/hour. This does not include equipment rental for non-members, but will include one basic L.E.P.D. target. A second person is allowed in the booth at no additional cost . One child under the age of 18 is allowed to be a third person in the booth while under adult supervision.
- Eye/ear protection is available for rent at $0.75/item.
- A variety of targets are available at our facility, or guests are welcome to bring their own.
- A variety of ammunition will be available for purchase at our gun store for guests utilizing our range.
At L.E.P.D. Firearms & Range in Columbus, safety is our number one priority. In order to provide an enjoyable experience, we take safety very seriously and expect the same from our guests and members while visiting our facility.
- On-staff shooting range officers will frequently monitor range activity to ensure a safe environment for all shooters. Additionally, all lanes are under constant surveillance for inappropriate activity. Please report any dangerous actions to our shooting range officers.
- All persons deemed exhibiting unsafe firearms handling/shooting techniques will be asked to leave the premises. Repeat offenders may have memberships revoked with no refund and may not be allowed to use the shooting range in the future.
- Two (2) adults are allowed per booth at any time. One child under the age of 18 is allowed to be the third person in a booth while under the supervision of a responsible parent or guardian.
- All members & guests must wear eye & hearing protection in designated areas at all times. (It is recommended that children use “double” ear protection such as inner-ear foam inserts plus over-ear headsets)
- All members & guests will be required to read range rules and to state their familiarity with their firearms intended to be used on the shooting range.
- All members & guests must demonstrate the ability to understand commands & effectively communicate with range staff in the event of an emergency.
- Each member & guest will also be required to sign a waiver prior to shooting each time they visit the facility and to acknowledge their responsibility to pay for any intentional/non-intentional damage caused by unsafe practices or negligence during their visit.
- A valid form of identification will also be held while renting a lane at our facility.
- Fully automatic firearms are allowed with proper documentation and prior approval from our staff.
- With proper ammunition, guests can shoot the following calibers at on our shooting range:
- Rifle – 308cal/7.62, 7.62x39mm are only permitted with frangible ammunition. 223cal/5.56mm, 22lr and almost any other pistol caliber carbines are permitted with FMJ ammunition. No larger calibers allowed without prior approval from our staff.
- Pistol – All common calibers up to 44mag. No larger calibers allowed without prior approval from our staff.
- Revolver – All common calibers up to 44mag. No larger calibers allowed without prior approval from our staff.
- All ammunition not purchased at our gun store will be inspected prior to use on the range. Armor piercing, tracer, incendiary and steel core/cased ammunition will not be allowed under any conditions. If these types of ammunition are discovered during inspection of the ammunition, we will keep it at the check-in desk for safe keeping until the guest has completed their time on the shooting range. If a guest is found to be using this ammunition, they will be permanently barred from L.E.P.D. Range & Training Facility and charged for any damages. If a guest refuses to pay for damages from utilizing armor piercing, tracer, incendiary or steel core/cased ammunition, a report for damages will be filed with the local police department.
- Improper ammunition use and unsafe practices on the shooting range will result in immediate & permanent removal from our shooting facility. A guest will be responsible for the cost of any damages resulting from the use of improper ammunition or unsafe practices.
- At this time, along with brass cased ammunition, we also allow aluminum cased rounds as well!
- Shotguns- We allow lead slugs only on the range at this time. Bird-shot & OO Buck are not permitted on the range. Shotguns without a stock (ie pistol grip only) are not permitted on the range.
- Muzzle-loaders/Black Powder – Currently not allowed on the range due to potential harm to the filtration system.
Used Brass Policy
- Guests at our facility may pick up their own brass that has fallen behind the firing line only if it can be done in a safe manner.
- Specialty brass may be retrieved downrange only with the approval and supervision of a L.E.P.D. Range employee.
Minors Visiting Range
- Minors or children under 18yrs of age are welcome at our store and range under the supervision of a parent, legal guardian or responsible adult. To utilize our range, the minor must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian or must have the Parent/Legal Guardian Consent Form and be 8yrs of age or order. LEPD Waiver